I’ve already accomplished a lot of my travel goals, but all my goals are far from complete. Here are the top 75 items that are currently on my travel bucket list:
Backpack Europe. Accomplished July-October 2015
2. Return to Washington, D.C. to explore everything more in-depth, including every Smithsonian museum.
3. Go to Memphis.
4. Explore states along the Gulf of Mexico.
Sing the Full House theme song while going over the Golden Gate Bridge. Accomplished August 2016!
Skydive. Completed May 2018!
7. Visit all 50 of the United States. (I’m over halfway there, and it’s starting to get tricky!)
8. Appear on national/international television or in a feature film.
9. Help at an orphanage in six different continents. (Two down, four to go!)
10. Do something worthwhile in Antarctica. (A cruise would be nice, but I’d like to do something of benefit.)
11. Go to all the major oceans. (I’m not sure if the Atlantic counts since I took a boat over it, but never actually touched it, but so far I’ve only been there and the Pacific.)
12. Win a contest where travel is the prize.
13. See all five of the Great Lakes. (I knocked out three of them in just the past year!)
14. Live in the Mountain Time Zone. (It’s the only zone in the continental U.S. that I haven’t lived in yet!)
15. Fly in a helicopter.
16. Live in a van or RV while going on an extended road trip. (I lived in an RV for one month, but it didn’t go anywhere!)
Take a balloon ride. (I once took a tethered ride, but I’d like to go higher and for longer.) Completed May 9th, 2015!
18. Meet another travel writer and go on a trip together.
19. See the Grand Canyon and remember it! (I don’t remember the trip I took there as a toddler.)
20. Walk through the Holy Land of Jerusalem.
21. Officially go on a press trip.
22. Explore at least one Caribbean Island.
23. Take a trip that does not involve being on any motorized vehicle.
24. Work full-time in travel and writing.
25. Go on a backpacking trip. I don’t think I want to conquer the entire Pacific Crest Trail, but I’m game for an overnight hiking trip.
26. Be part of a live studio audience.
27. Find a thousand geocaches.
28. Tour Boston.
Spend a week speaking English at a Diverbo program. Completed August 2015!
Visit the smallest country (Vatican). Completed September 2015- I saw the Pope there too!
31. Go through New England in the fall.
32. Become proficient enough in driving stick shift that I can actually drive on real roads.
33. Go zorbing.
34. Be in four places at once in Four Corners.
35. Proficiently surf.
Go on the Eiffel Tower. Completed July 2015!
Visit a non-U.S. Disney Park. Completed July 2015 at Disneyland Paris!
38. Go to India.
39. Be among the Alps.
Go to Istanbul or another intercontinental city. Completed October 2015!
41. Become fluent in at least two languages.
42. Become conversational in at least three languages.
43. Go jet skiing.
44. Find a location where Back to the Future was filmed and quote lines that were said in the movie at that location. Completed April 2015!
45. Attend the Olympics.
46. Go to the new World Trade Center.
Visit a nation where freedom of religion is limited. Completed October 2015!
Eat Mediterranean food by the Mediterranean Sea. Completed August 2015!
49. Adopt children and take them on adventures.
50. Stand on a significant longitudinal or latitudinal line, such as the Equator, Greenwich Meridian or International Date Line.
51. Be inside a zeppelin.
52. See a giant panda.
53. See Northern Lights.
54. Use my travel experience as inspiration to write a professionally-published book.
55. Spend a period of time living in another country.
See the real Parthenon. (I already saw the one in Nashville!) Completed September 2015!
58. Tour the Capitol Building of my home state.
59. Tour the Capitol Building of every state I’ve ever lived in.
(One down, at least three more to go!) (Added California Capitol in April 2015 after seeing the Ohio one the year before. Now I have to see Oregon’s, Nebraska’s and anywhere else I happen to move to!)
60. Take at least one trip every month for the rest of my life.
61. Work in orphan care or adoption.
62. Go rafting on class five rapids.
63. Rappel off something incredible, such as the Grand Canyon or CN Tower.
64. See the Hoover Dam.
65. Recognize a celebrity on the streets.
66. Go to the North Pole.
67. Go to the South Pole.
68. Be invited to a speaking engagement.
69. Go on a zipline canopy tour.
Become capable of cooking authentic ethnic cuisine dishes from around the world.
71. Own a species of South American camelid.
72. Meet a lifelong travel companion.
73. Go somewhere, probably Germany or France, where the last name “Lippe” is more common.
74. If time travel or teleportation are ever invented, do whatever it takes to get onboard with this endeavor!
75. Make new goals and never stop adventuring!